Modern CMOS sensors and their use in fluorescence-based applications
System manufacturers whose devices or projects are equipped with CCD sensors are increasingly concerned about their replacement by CMOS sensors. Among other things, this also affects many medical, scientific or clinical diagnostic applications, which often work with fluorescence-based methods.
This White Paper gives an overview of the options in sensor technology that are available when selecting a suitable camera, and explains the associated technical correlations. Based on various examples, Dr. Felix Asche, Product Manager at Basler, sets out the various possibilities in this area and explains that modern CMOS sensors in high-performance cameras can be exactly the right choice for many applications.
An overview of the White Paper:
- Basic specifications, noise and cooling
- Comparison of CCD and CMOS cameras on the basis of selected specifications and depiction of their noise behavior
- Active and passive cooling
- Distribution of cameras in fluorescence-based applications
- What is fluorescence and what are the possible applications?